2010/9/11 Nobuyoshi Nakada <nobu / ruby-lang.org>:
> Hi,
>
> At Thu, 9 Sep 2010 02:41:01 +0900,
> Luis Lavena wrote in [ruby-core:32165]:
>> One common problem is the installation of rake itself. See
>> the following git for the full list of commands:
>>
>> http://gist.github.com/570419
>>
>> After doing gem install rake, rake doesn't work:
>>
>> <pre><code>
>> $ rake --version
>> rake, version 0.8.7
>>
>> $ gem install rake
>> Successfully installed rake-0.8.7
>> 1 gem installed
>
> Why does gem command try to install another rake, even when the
> same version is installed already?

AFAIK this has been how RubyGems behave for quite some time, and mimic
the pristine command too, which uses the cached .gem

However, it should be attempting to install it, so I think a bug
report should be addressed in RubyGems and then merged back into Ruby.

http://gist.github.com/575482

Anyhow, the bug report I open up is not about that, the versions been
the same is just a coincidence. I could have pick rdoc as better
example.

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17