On 10 Sep 2010, at 13:16, Luis Lavena wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 1:13 PM, James Tucker <jftucker / gmail.com> =
wrote:
>>=20
>> As that's the only way to tell whether it's been patched by core or =
not.
>>=20
>> A version of a package is a version, please stop advocating violating =
that, it's really awful practice.
>>=20
>=20
> James, I'm not discouraging your idea, I'm exposing what Ruby-Core
> wants or assumes. I'm not endorsing they development model either.

Sorry for the tone, but honestly, I think it's about time the process is =
matured, the user base is too large to support these poor policies, and =
those of us that devote a great deal of time to supporting users would =
rather not have to workaround malpractice every day. I think you get =
this too Luis.=