At 2:36 PM +0900 9/10/10, Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> > > And we need tests in test-unit format, not in rspec.
>>
>> If that is necessary for acceptance, I will rewrite the existing test
>> suite in test-unit.  And Luis Lavena is correct that the current specs
>> use mspec, since they are based on the rubyspecs.
>
>Necessary.  MSpec is not bundled.

Since you are proposing changes to Date it is important to have tests for new behavior also land in the rubyspecs repository ifthese changes are are made to Ruby so other VMs can support the same behavior.

I don't have a good suggestion for the problem of writing different code duplicating tests in Ruby and in RubySpecs.