On 09/10 02:36, Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:49:35 +0900,
> Jeremy Evans wrote in [ruby-core:32269]:
> > Is it required to use the same marshalling format, or just to recognize
> > the existing one?
>
> The former.  We had already had made severe mistake about
> marshal-incompatibilities of Complex, Rational and Date, and
> don't want to increase them anymore.  At least, the format must
> not change in 1.9 series.

OK, I can definitely change the marshalling format then.

> > I believe that either will mean requiring rational, but I'm willing to
> > do that if it is necessary for acceptance.
>
> Rational is built-in 1.9.

That makes things easier. :)

> > > And we need tests in test-unit format, not in rspec.
> >
> > If that is necessary for acceptance, I will rewrite the existing test
> > suite in test-unit.  And Luis Lavena is correct that the current specs
> > use mspec, since they are based on the rubyspecs.
>
> Necessary.  MSpec is not bundled.

Using Ryan's suggestion of minitest/spec seems like the easier approach,
so that's probably the path I'll take.

Is the marshalling issue and the test suite format the only issues with
this getting accepted?  I'll consider myself lucky if so. :)

Jeremy