The idea of a small ruby does sound appealing.

One idea to combine the best of both worlds would be to indeed move
stdlib to gems, and then people would have an option to install or not
install the default gems that go with ruby.  This idea has been used
in other contexts, and it seems to work.
(IMHO)

Elise

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com> wrot=
e: