On Sep 9, 2010, at 06:40, Yusuke ENDOH wrote:
>=20
> The release manager must release not only full release but also and
> push new gems, at once.  This is "Cons 1" I said.

Is there a reason this couldn't be automated for a ruby release so the =
release tag is created and the .tar.gz and .gems are uploaded at the =
same time?

When using the hoe gem the following happen automatically upon running =
`rake release`:

1) release is tagged in git/svn/etc.
2) release is uploaded to rubyforge.org as a .tar.gz
3) release is uploaded to rubygems.org as a .gem

Releasing ruby + gems will make the release process more complicated.  =
If that complication can be automated I don't see it being a very big =
problem.=