--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 12:30:56PM +0900, U.Nakamura wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> > >=20
> > > Because rubygems uses YAML library, of course.
> > > It is the only and the absolute reason.
> >=20
> > YAML was an example.  How about DL, json, strscan, etc?  Why waste space
> > with those?
>=20
> DL is needed by win32 platforms.
>=20
> IMO, json, strscan, and others should be unbundled because
> they are not needed to run rubygems.

Why waste space with rubygems for people who don't use rubygems?

My point is not about who uses what.  Many people use Ruby differently.
I cannot account for every possible usage.  My point is that "disk
usage" arguments are not valid because they can be taken to an extreme.

Also, I think that if we package stdlib as gems, we can mitigate any
real world disk usage problems.

--=20
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/