Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:32172] Re: Ruby 2.0 Wiki/Wish-list?"
    on Thu, 9 Sep 2010 05:14:18 +0900, Joshua Ballanco <jballanc / gmail.com> writes:

|The last time this topic came up, I believe I was still against namespaces. However, I've recently just had to fix a bug due to the "include" problem. I don't know that the concept needs to be that complex (implementation might be more so). These namespaces would essentially be Modules that could not do "include" or "extend". Instead, they could do a "using_namespace" that only removes a layer from the const lookup chain.
|
|I am not looking for scoping of monkey-patches as Robert mentioned. I think this is a separate, but interesting, topic. What I am looking for is something quite a bit simpler.

You can simply add a few lines of code to specify a module to raise
error when included, to avoid "include" problem.  And it is very
interesting idea.

I am just not sure what we gain/lose by adding a new language
construct.  Adding a method to the existing class/module is OK.  Think
twice before adding a class or module to the core.  Be VERY
conservative to add a new language construct (keyword, new syntax, new
concept, etc).

							matz.