--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 11:26:01AM +0900, Hiroshi NAKAMURA wrote:
> Issue #3150 has been updated by Hiroshi NAKAMURA.
>=20
>=20
> Thanks Aaron. Hope we can identify the cause soon.

Hi!

I *think* I have good news.  I am starting to suspect this is not a bug
of Ruby.

First (for posterity), here is a chunk of Ruby code to reproduce the
problem without using net/http:

    require 'socket'
    require 'openssl'
   =20
    s   =3D TCPSocket.new 'bugzilla.redhat.com', 443
    ctx =3D OpenSSL::SSL::SSLContext.new
    ctx.verify_mode =3D OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER
    s   =3D OpenSSL::SSL::SSLSocket.new s, ctx
    s.connect

This code raises an exception on my linux machine, but not on my Snow
Leopard machine.

I wrote a (mostly) equivalent program in C here:

  http://gist.github.com/570593

On my Snow Leopard machine, SSL_connect() returns a value greater than
0.  On my linux machine, this program results in an error.  This program
leads me to believe this is not a bug of Ruby, but I don't know why the
behavior is different on linux vs OS X.  I am still researching.

--=20
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR