On 2010-09-09 01:45:43 +0900, James Edward Gray II wrote:
> Taken from the bundle Nokogiri thread:
>
> > Currently, we're discussing three different topics:
>
> >  3) all stdlib should be converted to gem, or not
>
> > Next, the point 3 should be discussed in another thread.
> > You can't have it both ways at once.
>
> I guess I'm not understanding.  What are the minuses of Ruby shipping
> with a set of blessed gems?  I can't think of any.

well for one ... we would kind of need 2 directories for said gems imho.
because uninstalling the gems that form the stdlib or a release should
not be possible. I have been discussing some kind of vendor gems
directory for gems installed by a distributor which shouldnt be removed
with "gem uninstall" either, so once this feature is implemented both
use cases can be achieved.

    darix

--
           openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux