Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:32103] [Ruby 1.9-Feature#3773] Module#parent"
    on Tue, 7 Sep 2010 23:19:43 +0900, Thomas Sawyer <redmine / ruby-lang.org> writes:

|The use cases that I am aware of are from Rails:
|
|* http://github.com/rails/rails/blob/master/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb#L496
|* http://github.com/rails/rails/blob/master/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations.rb#L1827

Well, the former implicitly assumes specific structure of loading
libraries, which is not supported by Ruby itself.  The latter,
..well.. has proven how Ruby+activesupport looks differently from plain
Ruby ;-)

In any way, when ActiveSupport defines #parent, I don't see any reason
to add it to the core.  Besides that #parent can be easily confused
with #superclass.

							matz.