On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 3:43 AM, NARUSE, Yui <naruse / airemix.jp> wrote:

>> Isn't that also true of ffi's dependency on libffi?
>
> Yes, it is open problem on Windows.
> Why fiddle is accepted is dl2 can't work well on x86_64 and it can't be fixed.
>
> The problem is described following in Japanese but most quotation is in English.
> http://mkosaki.blog46.fc2.com/blog-entry-1069.html
>
> So we needed another impl.

Hello,

As part of RubyInstaller we compile libffi statically and successfully
build Fiddle for 1.9.2 release.

I don't see a problem with that.

> Well, we could obsolete dl and recommend ffi gem.
> It is discussed just before 1.9.2 release but it's too late.

That will be very problematic at least for WIn32API, as usage of it is
discouraged and usage of DL is recommended, then without DL users will
no longer have choices.

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17