On Sep 2, 2010, at 13:47 , brabuhr / gmail.com wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 5:34 AM, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com> =
wrote:
>>>=20
>>> What is the reason to bundle nokogiri?
>>>=20
>>> I think that we should not increase bundled libraries, because
>>> we already have rubygems as standard library installer.
>>=20
>> Then can we please unbundle rexml?
>=20
> What is the reason to unbundle rexml?

primarily: usability, speed, and maintenance.

secondarily: nokogiri is a much better tool and more people will use it =
if the playing field is level to begin with... (think of all the hours =
saved from porting rexml code over to nokogiri).

We spend a lot of time on IRC fielding ("unnecessary") questions about =
rexml. I'd like to see that go away in the future.=