Backport #3646: bootstraptests/test_io.rb -- timing issue.

Author: Christian Höltje

What happened:
 I built ruby 1.9.1-p378 on 5 boxes (linux-32, linux-65, Solaris 8 (sparc64), windows-32 and windows-64.
 Windows is built with MSVC8.
 Only on the windows-32 box does ruby have an error in btests-ruby, in the 3rd test in test_io.rb.

It doesn't happen when running the test alone, but only when running all the tests prior to it. I was able to fix it by changing the test to `sleep 1` after the thread and changing assert_finish to wait for 2 seconds instead of one:
assert_finish 2, %q{
  r, w = IO.pipe
  Thread.new {
  w << "ab"
  sleep 0.1
  w << "ab"
  }
  sleep 1
  r.gets("abab")
}

I'm just guessing, but I think the problem is that it is doing garbage collection or something that needs to finish before the writes in the thread take hold.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org