2010/7/31 Roger Neel <redmine / ruby-lang.org>:
> Issue #3457 has been updated by Roger Neel.
>

> I want to throw my hat in the ring that this should be reopened.  It's not the expected behavior of URI.encode to not handle 'unsafe' characters as laid out here:
> http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/html/topics/urlencoding.htm

Don't use URI.encode.

What charaters should be encoded are context sensitive but
URI.encode is context insensitive.

"[" should be percent-encoded except for IPv6 addresses.

URI should be composed by concatenating encoded components with delimiters.
URI.encode which encode a whole URI is the just a wrong way to composing a URI.
Don't use it.
--
Tanaka Akira