On 23 Jul 2010, at 05:55, Heesob Park wrote:

> Bug #3606: Thread.stop and puts fail to work as documented.
> http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/3606
>=20
> Author: Heesob Park
> Category: core, Target version: 1.9.x
> ruby -v: ruby 1.9.3dev (2010-07-22 trunk 28707) [i686-linux]=20
>=20
> I have tested following three codes which are the sample code in RDoc =
Documentation.

I see your point regarding this being code from the documentation. =
Examples as given in the documentation cannot work reliably with a =
preemptive scheduler and should be removed.

I would also say that use of Thread.stop and Thread.pass for any kind of =
"synchrony" should be very strongly discouraged, we have locking =
primitives.=