On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 4:48 AM, Nobuyoshi Nakada <nobu / ruby-lang.org> wrot=
e:
> Hi,
>
> At Mon, 19 Jul 2010 21:02:45 +0900,
> Roger Pack wrote in [ruby-core:31352]:
>> However this requires *all* authors who want their gems to compile on
>> windows to add this rather ugly, non-intuitive block:
>
> Instead .def file should be used. =A0Isn't it created?

Hello Nobu,

The problem seems to be cross compilation, where the def file is not
created and the shared libraries generated do not export the needed
symbols.

This happened with nokogiri (which is cross-compiled for 1.8 and 1.9 versio=
ns)

The workaround was edit rbconfig.rb and add --export-all for the time
being under 1.9.1

However, I haven't tested cross-compilation with latest versions,
mainly because these don't work:

http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/12/16/rake-compiler-safe-list-of-ruby-versio=
ns-that-can-be-cross-compiled/

Will try with latest 1_9_2 branch and see the results, but natively
(windows targeting windows) works.

--=20
Luis Lavena
AREA 17