On Jul 16, 2010, at 9:07 AM, Roger Pack wrote:

>> Wonderful! Thank you Yusuke! I'll keep a close eye on things to watch =
for anyone reporting bugs.
>=20
> Evan, could you also merge in Nobu's patch to load full rubygems when
> users do an
>=20
> gem 'xxx'
>=20
> otherwise gem_prelude is still quite unsafe (as pointed out by James,
> I only understood it just now).
>=20
> Also could that change (after committed) be backported to 1.9.2 =
branch, please?
> I just want to clear up confusion for end users, and it causes some
> obscure and hard to understand bugs.
> That would be awesome!

No, I can't backport anything to 1.9.2. It's unlikely this will happen =
for 1.9.2 honestly. I know that my patch for 1.9.2 is less than ideal, =
but it at least works around the problem in some ways.

If Yusuke indicates it would be fine to revise it, we can do that. But I =
think that they don't want to change 1.9.2 any more.