On Jul 11, 2010, at 9:13 AM, Yusuke ENDOH wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> 2010/7/12 Luis Lavena <luislavena / gmail.com>:
>> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp> =
wrote:
>>> Uh-oh, rc2 has been released.
>>> This issue entered a more difficult phase...
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>=20
>> This means that Evan Phoenix fix hasn't been integrated?
>=20
> Yes.
>=20
>=20
>> That is a terrible news, considering that Roger Pack's report was
>> highly unlikely be related or associated with Evan's fix.
>=20
> Agreed.  But unless the problem is reported without the fix, we can't
> help but be conservative to include the fix.

This is very bad news. This fix effects a lot of people. I did not =
respond because Roger indicate he could not reproduce it himself. No one =
has been able to reproduce the issue, including Roger himself. If that =
is the reason the fix did not make it into 1.9.2, that's very sad.

>=20
>=20
>> Where we can see the schedule of releases? Aiming in the future not
>> miss those deadlines with critical things that could be problematic
>> for lot of developers.
>=20
> http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/wiki/ruby-19/ReleasePlan
>=20
> Originally, rc1 had been the last chance to include the patch with
> public preview.  But Yugui planned to release rc2 to spare us some
> time for some issues.  We missed the true last chance.
>=20
>=20
> I talked with Yugui a few minutes, and
>=20
>  - she had had no reluctance to include the fix if it is dependable
>    (but I don't know whether she will accept the fix even after rc2)
>=20
>  - she didn't think this issue was serious because it could be
>    worked around by using bundler (? I'm not sure that I understand
>    her opinion precisely)

This is exactly backwards from what I understand. This bug means that =
bundler can not run on 1.9.2, and thus rails 3.0 can not run on 1.9.2. =
This is what Yehuda has told me.

If 1.9.2 can not support rails 3, I fear that the ruby community will =
reject 1.9.2 right away. I ask that matz, yugui, and all ruby-core =
developers consider this before allowing the bug to go unfixed.

The pace of this bug has frustrated everyone, please don't let it die =
now.

 - Evan