Hi,

2010/7/11 Luis Lavena <luislavena / gmail.com>:
>> An obvious critical problem was reported, so I didn't commit the
>> patch to ruby_1_9_2.
>
> This means that Evan Phoenix's patch hasn't been applied?

Yes, at the moment.

>> I'm really disappointed that no one seems to investigate this
>> problem (except Luis's [ruby-core:31110]).  No one want this issue
>> to be fixed, right?  Otherwise, please think that it is a problem
>> as yourself.  At least, one who becomes a maintainer should show
>> readiness to work at times like this.
>
> I've shared in the past my concerns about this. RubyInstaller provides
> a simple command base to run the whole compilation environment so test
> for this on Windows can be easily achieved, but seems none of the
> Ruby-Core Windows developers have pay attention to it.

Some ruby-core windows developers build and test trunk every day.
I asked some of them to try to reproduce the issue, but none could.

In fact, almost all of them seem not to be interested in rubygems.
I hoped that beneficiaries work seriously about this.

I admit ruby-core developpers' status should be opened to a third
person (though, language barrier is difficult!), and I think Luis's
effort is really great.

>> At this rate, 1.9.2 will be released with this issue left.
>
> If you give me a few hours, I can investigate this.

Unfortunately, rc2 was tagged at r28618 in the last hour.
My reminder might be also too late.  Sorry.
Yugui, can we still make it?

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>