On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/7/8 Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 / gmail.com>:
>>> I've commited the patch to trunk.
>>> I'll commit it to ruby_1_9_2 tomorrow unless any critical problem
>>> is reported (such as build trouble on windows).
>>
>> Sorry to throw a wrench in this one...
>> This used to work...
>>

>> C:\dev\ruby\downloads>ruby -v
>> ruby 1.9.3dev (2010-07-08) [i386-mingw32]
>>
>> C:\dev\ruby\downloads>gem search rdoc
>> C:/installs/ruby_trunk_installed/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/specifications/rdoc=
-data-2.5.1.gemspec:18:
>> [BUG] gc_sweep(): unknown data type 0x0(0x230bd19)
>> ruby 1.9.3dev (2010-07-08) [i386-mingw32]
>

> An obvious critical problem was reported, so I didn't commit the
> patch to ruby_1_9_2.

This means that Evan Phoenix's patch hasn't been applied?

> Because this patch consists of just Ruby-level fix, I guess that
> another potential problem was stimulated or there was some sort
> of mistake.
> I heard from eban (not evan) that he re-tested this on mingw32
> but didn't reproduce this problem.
>
> Roger, could you re-try to build from scratch? =A0Could you apply
> the test to ruby_1_9_2 and check it is reproducible?

I'm investigating right now the report of Roger.

> I'm really disappointed that no one seems to investigate this
> problem (except Luis's [ruby-core:31110]). =A0No one want this issue
> to be fixed, right? =A0Otherwise, please think that it is a problem
> as yourself. =A0At least, one who becomes a maintainer should show
> readiness to work at times like this.

I've shared in the past my concerns about this. RubyInstaller provides
a simple command base to run the whole compilation environment so test
for this on Windows can be easily achieved, but seems none of the
Ruby-Core Windows developers have pay attention to it.

Sometimes we have to deal with strange bug reports and try to
reproduce, which is hard, sometimes we have to deal with fluke
generated by 3rd party applications (as yesterday mkdir_p case)

> At this rate, 1.9.2 will be released with this issue left.

If you give me a few hours, I can investigate this.

Thank you.
--=20
Luis Lavena
AREA 17