Issue #3558 has been updated by Asher Haig.

Thanks Benoit - that's exactly right.

I posted a comment on Stack Overflow that I will also post here:

This is decidedly a documentation bug, as the documentation says that argc/argv will be passed to func (which is a parameter) and not to the Ruby method specified by mid. The documentation should read:

"Calls a method on the recv, with the method name specified by the symbol mid, with argc arguments in argv, supplying func as the block. When func is called as the block, it will receive the value from yield as the first argument, and data2 as the second argument."

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org