2010/7/10 Andre Nathan <redmine / ruby-lang.org>:
> Issue #2553 has been updated by Andre Nathan.
>

> Hello
>
> I was trying to update the ubuntu ruby 1.8.7 package with this patch, but=
 I'm still seeing the bad performance. The patch has the following line:

> if test -n "`(/lib/libc.so.6 2>/dev/null | fgrep 'Native POSIX Threads') =
2> /dev/null`"; then
> =A0 =A0use_context=3Dyes
> fi
>
> Isn't the use of setcontext necessary only for linuxthreads, i.e. if the =
system doesn't have native posix threads? In that case, shouldn't the test =
be "test -z", so that use_context is set to yes if "Native POSIX Threads" d=
oes *not* appear in that output?

> Apologies if I have misunderstood the patch.

Oops, this patch only works on 32bit machine, because some 64bit
distro don't have /lib/libc.so.6 (instead they use /lib64), and this
condition select use_context=3Dyes.

I'll update this soon.
And, if you are using 32bit distro, please show your /lib/libc.so.6
execution result.

I'm very sorry this.