Issue #2553 has been updated by Andre Nathan.

Hello

I was trying to update the ubuntu ruby 1.8.7 package with this patch, but I'm still seeing the bad performance. The patch has the following line:

if test -n "`(/lib/libc.so.6 2>/dev/null | fgrep 'Native POSIX Threads') 2> /dev/null`"; then
    use_context=yes
fi

Isn't the use of setcontext necessary only for linuxthreads, i.e. if the system doesn't have native posix threads? In that case, shouldn't the test be "test -z", so that use_context is set to yes if "Native POSIX Threads" does *not* appear in that output?

Apologies if I have misunderstood the patch.

Best regards,
Andre

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org