--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 10:47:54AM +0900, David Kelso wrote:
> Bug #3549: Segfault when using god
> http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/3549
>=20
> Author: David Kelso
> ruby -v: 1.9.2 rc1
>=20
> I'm in the middle of upgrading our servers to 1.9.2 rc 1.
>=20
> I'm running into this segfault when trying to start god.
> http://pastie.org/1035298
>=20
> The file in question is viewable here:
> http://github.com/mojombo/god/blob/master/lib/god/event_handler.rb
>=20
> I compiled ruby from source using this file
> ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org//pub/ruby/ruby-1.9.2-rc1.tar.gz
>=20
> I'm on Ubuntu 9.10
>=20
> I don't know a thing about ruby internals, but let me know what info is n=
eeded and I'll hopefully be able to provide it!

No problem!  Thanks for reporting a bug.  Could you possibly provide us
with a little bit more info:

1. Does this happen every time you start up god?

2. Can you provide us with a script that reproduces the error?  If not:

3. Can you provide us with a gdb backtrace?  The way to get a backtrace
is like this:

  $ gdb /path/to/ruby
  (gdb) run -S /path/to/script scriptargs

The above part should run your script.  Once you get a segmentation
fault, you'll be dropped back to the gdb shell.  Execute the "bt" command l=
ike
so:

  (gdb) bt

Send us that back trace.

Any other info you can provide, like the type of hardware and compile
options you used to build ruby would be helpful too!

Thanks!

--=20
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/