Hi,
On 25 June 2010 08:53, Tanaka Akira <akr / fsij.org> wrote:
> Note that I'm planning to rewrite Pathname in C.
>
> Tanaka Akira

That would be another speed-up...

I think it would be great if Ruby use more of Pathname instead of
String for paths.
Simple String are definitely not adapted for this use.
Java do this with File (though it is not a clear name at all, and
there are methods returning String ...).

I would love to see operations on paths written as methods on
Pathname, and not 'functions' from others classes on String.

Just a thought in the air,
(I know we are far from that, and Pathname is not even in the core,
but I suppose it would if it is rewritten in C ?)

B.D.