Hi,

2010/6/6 Luis Lavena <luislavena / gmail.com>:
>> It is better to have an option to prompt before rewriting a
>> file or executing extconf.rb.
>
> Please note that any gem update that needs to replace a stub script
> (rake, capistrano, etc) will prompt, so `sudo gem update` will be
> pretty annoying.

My opinion is an option to prompt, such as "gem update --prompt", for
conservative people.  I'm not insisting to make the option default.

I also agree with the feature Marcus mentioned in [ruby-core:28782].
It would be much better to prompt only when replacing a file that is
not under rubygems' management.

Anyway, this is just my opinion.  I don't (can't) force Eric, though
I want Eric to express his own view or status.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>