Hi,

a problem with REXML:

I'm trying to parse OpenOffice (Impress) documents. Unfortunately the
REXML construct to access an element through it's name does not work,
something like

  xml.elements.each("document-content" ) {|ele| ... }
  xml.elements.each("/document-content") {|ele| ... }

does not find anything, while a simple

  xml.elements.each {|ele| ... }

lists an element named "document-content"

I guess that the XPath component can't deal with element names
containing a - character.

(and please, don't tell me again to report such bugs on the
ruby-talk list instead of ruby-core. I've asked on the talk
list and they've sent me to the core list...)

Is there at all a regular bug management for ruby, or is bug reporting
limited to mentioning on the mailing list and hoping that someone
might read it?

regards
Hadmut