On 22 May 2010 18:40, Urabe Shyouhei wrote:
> Why to bother downloads? or: what is the purpose to archive ruby scripts?
Then, is any compression useful? (for ruby scripts I mean)

> I don't think downloading is the matter because once you download somethi=
ng you
> don't need to do that again. =A0There'd be other things to focus; to actu=
ally
> require something. =A0Requiring a library happens every time you invoke a=
 script
> so that should be worth optimizing.

Ok, sorry, I did not think to that anymore while writing.
Maybe libraries files should be merged in one file (or a few)/library, then=
?

On 22 May 2010 18:41, Evan Phoenix wrote:
> I have looked into this in the past and could not find any open source li=
braries for reading 7z or xz files. That is the biggest reason not to use t=
hem, we don't want to start this project off writing a container format.

Yes, unfortunately, p7zip is only a "quick port of 7z.exe and 7za.exe".

B.D.