OK Hiroshi, I read some of the comments earlier in the thread that I
had missed before (looks like they were sent through RedMine)

One of my concerns with using jar files is it requires reading zip
files which is not supported by the ruby stdlib.  I would like to have
the format readable by at least back to 1.8.7 with minimal extra
library requirements.  On old versions (like 1.8.7) it is probably
acceptable to have some required extra libraries, but it would be best
if we didn't have a dependency like rubyzip in new versions (1.9
series) just to open the files, and I doubt rubyzip (or similar) will
be included in stdlib anytime soon.

Does this concern make any sense to you?

-Jonathan Nielsen