Hi,

I have been coding in Ruby for a couple of years professionally now, and I
decided I would like to contribute.  I want to add the ability to require a
file that has no extension whatsoever (as a gentle introduction) and I would
start the conversation as to whether it was a good feature or not alongside
the patch implementing it.  When I went to do said change, I thought the
file in question could use a bunch of refactoring, but felt that might be a
little arrogant for my first submission.  So my question is, am I going to
offend people if I start jumping in and changing code structure like there's
no tomorrow?  Or should I learn to like the existing style?  Or am I going
to annoy people more by writing this sort of question to the core mailing
list?

Regards,
Michael