Assigned to set to Koichi Sasada
Target version set to 1.9.x

Hi, Caleb

Great.  I glanced over your patch.  I think the biggest change is how
thread waits GVL.  It is quite funny because ko1 recently does the
same to fix another issue (thread starvation on many core environment).
(The fix have not been committed yet.)
I had concerned its performance cost, but if ko1 agrees with it, I
also agree.

However, ko1 seems to still dislike the priority support for some
reason.  I don't know the precise reason.  He said he would answer to
this ticket, so please wait for him.

Anyway, thank you for your writing a patch.

One comment for the patch: not-static functions (like pqueue_*) should
prefix "rb_" to avoid conflict with symbols of other projects, even if
they are just for internal.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org