On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 10:39, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: CVS repository"
>     on 04/06/16, Elliott Hughes <ehughes / bluearc.com> writes:
>
> |not that i disagree about dumping CVS, but you can use cvs2cl.pl
> ("sudo
> |apt-get install cvs2cl" on Debian) to do the equivalent of "svn log"
> for
> |CVS. i use it all the time, for exactly this. it's silly to have
> humans
> |touch the ChangeLog.
>
> Hmm, we do other way (generating commit log from ChangeLog) using
> pcl-cvs.  Is cvs2cl better?

not by much. as long as you're using a scheme that means you only
manually work on one thing, the only advantage i can see to generating
the ChangeLog from the comments rather than the other way round is that
you don't have ChangeLog as a bogus member of each change set.

--
Elliott Hughes, BlueArc Engineering