On 10 May 2010 18:59, Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 / gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently discovered Float#round the other day, if that's of any use.
>
>> 1.1-0.9
> => 0.20000000000000007
>>> (1.1-0.9).round(2)
> => 0.2

Sure, I did know about it, just forgot in this conversion.
So that makes pointless the idea of the supplementary argument to #to_s

So the real deal is still there (and for *many* messages):

Should we accept #to_s returns a pretty-human-like representation of Float,
or do we want to keep current-more-realistic representation for both
#inspect and #to_s?

(But then having in code such horrible "%.2f" % f or "f: #{f.round(2)}")

I already gave my opinion and arguments
(compatibility, consistency with core/stdlib, usefulness,
user-friendly, handy, not useless double method, ...)

Please, those who are not according, be explicit ;)

Best Regards,
B.D.