Hello,

In message "[ruby-core:30052] Re: [Bug #1685] Some windows unicode path issues remain"
    on May.06,2010 19:39:27, <billk / cts.com> wrote:
> This works, in terms of returning a UTF-8 path string; however,
> rb_dir_getwd calls rb_enc_associate(cwd, rb_filesystem_encoding())
> on the result, associating the WINDOWS-1252 encoding instead of
> UTF-8.
>
> So, I would like to ask: is there a reason
> enc_set_filesystem_encoding() should not return UTF-8 now for
> Windows?

For compatibility.

I will not change filesystem encoding in Windows in 1.9 series.
In all methods which returns filenames, the default encoding
of returned value must be filesystem encoding.
So, if someone want to get filename with another encoding, he/she
should specify the encoding by some way.
Of course, it is necessary to decide the "some way" of each
methods.

> Also, my bootstraptest encountered one more problem.  The mktmpdir
> can't delete the unicode directory entries created by my test:

Yes, I know it.
This is the problem of globbing.
I've already decided to solve this problem 1.9.3 or later.

Regards,
--
U.Nakamura <usa / garbagecollect.jp>