Hi,

|On 3 May 2010 02:15, Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
|Hi,
|
|It is neither consistent (other statements returns the value from the
|"last" expression),

Actually it is not, but here the value of the "last" expression is
always false/true, so really not interesting
(and it returns nil, so it's neither consistent now about that)

| nor useful (by returning nil, you can use the
|value from break safely), nor compatible.

That's the problem.
The idea was: I think nobody wrote code using the fact it is nil if
the loop did not break.

But it is useful:
it adds a useful return value to the loop,
which it does not have (nil), except if 'break' is used.

|                                                       matz.

I suppose you've got the final point, and I do agree it can be
confusing/inconsistent.

My idea was more of a thought, but the result is interesting though
(and could be useful for me (and some others I think)).

Special thanks to Nobu,
and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Regards,
B.D.