Issue #3212 has been updated by Sylvain Joyeux.

This is not only completely wrong, it also goes against any multi-threading API that exists out there.

pthread_cond_wait can *not* return in any other case than the condition variable being signaled. The only other way would be thread cancellation, in which case, technically, pthread_cond_wait does not return: the thread is destroyed.

I see now that Java *does* have this semantic. This is unfortunate (and very bad), but I guess I'll have to deal with it.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org