> It is all too easy to write assert(foo, bar) when you meant to write asse=
rt_equal(foo, bar). I have made the same mistake myself a number of times. =
Usually, no error will result because assert allows an optional second para=
meter (an alternate String to be printed when the assertion fails).

> I'd suggest that a better way to detect this problem is for assert to fai=
l if a non-String is passed as the second parameter. This won't detect all =
cases of using assert when you meant assert_equal, but it should catch at l=
est 90%.

Yeah something like that could work well.  When would someone want to
output something that's not a string?