> > > Just wondering - which platforms are considered "best effort"?  Windows?
> >
> > ...SNIP...
> >
> > FYI, you can see support plan of Ruby 1.9.1 in:
> >
> > http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/wiki/ruby-19/SupportedPlatforms
> >
> > I guess it won't be changed significantly, maybe.

Would be helpful to update this page with more details on the specific toolchain versions being used?

For example, under the "Best effort" category, something similar to...

* mingw32 (gcc 4.4.0, binutils 2.20.1, mingwrt 3.18, w32api 3.14)
* mswin32 (VC++ 6.0, Visual Studio 2008)
* x64-mswin64 (Windows SDK Win7 and .NET 3.5 SP1)

Probably more useful for specificity in the "Supported" category though.

This would make it a bit more clear as to the core developers "normal" build environments which may be helpful when submitting and attempting to replicate issue.

Jon