Hi.

2010/4/21 caleb clausen <redmine / ruby-lang.org>:
> I'm not quite sure what to do with BLOCKING_REGION; I think it requires some slightly special handling but shouldn't be very hard.

A patch and benchmark result are welcome :-)

As far as I know, standard pthread does not provide a feature
that wakes up a specified thread (except pthread_kill).
Condition variable may be used to encode the feature, but I'm
afraid if it may degrade whole performance (even if the script
does not use Thread#priority).
I doubt whether Thread#priority is worth the risk and cost.

In addition, ko1 said, it is intented not to fix Thread#priorty.
He said that ruby should depend on thread scheduler of OS
because he is thinking of "parallel ruby" in the future.

The time has come that we should give up Thread#priority as
deprecated, I think.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>