Hi,

>          >>>the bug still exists<<<

No.  The spec was changed so that Thread#priority was just a
hint for thread scheduler.  So, the bug is no longer a bug.

I guess that it is too restrictive for implementation to make
exact support for Thread#priority mandatory.

And generally, it is bad practice to rely on thread priority
in your design.  We should think thread priority as a guide
to efficiency, at most.

> this might be fixable by making timeslices variable length, instead of always 10 ms. Lower priority threads would get shorter timeslices.

Interesting.

I doubt whether the feature is portable because it heavily
depends on granularity of wait function of each platform, but
it might be work better on many popular platform.

But it is feature request.
Could you register to Feature tracker new ticket with clearer
explanation?

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>