Issue #1482 has been updated by Evgeniy Dolzhenko.

Documentation for exec method says:

 *  The standard shell means always <code>"/bin/sh"</code> on Unix-like systems,
 *  similar.

but I still can't get it to run my customized interpreter.

When you say that it depends on "the association of file extension to programs" does
that mean association of batch files? I tried to change this to my customized
interpreter (Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations in Windows 7)
and Ruby is still running cmd.exe (in the original test case).

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org