--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

On Sun, Apr 04, 2010 at 11:35:24AM +0900, Tanaka Akira wrote:
> 2010/4/4 Aaron Patterson <redmine / ruby-lang.org>:
> >
> > hmmm.  Is this necessary?  You can dump your time object as a rational =
if you need that kind of accuracy:
>=20
> Don't do it.  The interpretation of "seconds from Unix epoch" depends on
> timezone because timezone contains leapsecond information.
>=20
> % TZ=3DAmerica/New_York ./ruby -rpsych -e '
> t =3D Time.local(2010,1,1)
> STDERR.puts t
> Psych.dump(t.to_r, STDOUT)' > z
> 2010-01-01 00:00:00 -0500
> % TZ=3Dright/America/New_York ./ruby -rpsych -e 'p Time.at(Psych.load(STD=
IN))' < z
> 2009-12-31 23:59:36 -0500
>=20
> The result of Time#to_r is intepreted differently with timezone.
>=20
> Even if same timezone is used, leapseconds information will be updated
> when new leapseconds is determined.

How should this problem be fixed?  If a time object when dumped as YAML
does not use the YAML time format, that would be surprising to me.  Is
my assumption wrong?  I'd like to leave it the way it works now.

--=20
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg