Hi,

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 21:24, Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp> wrote:
>> There's a ticket that the cause is
>> not fully identified yet but someone closed the ticket with a applying
>> a workaround patch while I was digging into it by asking the reporter.

> There was certainly a bug at hand.
> out the bug in the short term.
> ticket.
>
> Indeed, the patch may be formally wrong.
> undocumented feature or bug of openssl.
> might need major revamping including its design.
>

> However, such document investigation and major revamping take cost.
> Because there is no maintainer for ruby-openssl, we can't help but
> do superficial fix, unfortunately.

The problem, for me, was closing the ticket without giving a time to
identify the cost for fix.  Applying the workaround patch is OK.  You
could have waited a response as I wrote in [ruby-core:29074].

> Hiroshi, please think about becoming maintainer for openssl.  > will make everybody happy :-)

Becoming a maintainer fixes the 'closing ticket too soon' problem?  I
don't think so.  And I'm afraid but I'm already had enough projects
lined up.  I think we should consider [ruby-dev:40741] for real (gem
out openssl for 1.9)

Regards,
// NaHi