Hi,

2010/3/28 NAKAMURA, Hiroshi <nakahiro / gmail.com>:
> There's a ticket that the cause is
> not fully identified yet but someone closed the ticket with a applying
> a workaround patch while I was digging into it by asking the reporter.

Aha, I understand what you mean.

There was certainly a bug at hand.  And I thought the patch worked
out the bug in the short term.  So I committed it and closed this
ticket.

Indeed, the patch may be formally wrong.  The patch might be poking
undocumented feature or bug of openssl.  As you said, ruby-openssl
might need major revamping including its design.

However, such document investigation and major revamping take cost.
Because there is no maintainer for ruby-openssl, we can't help but
do superficial fix, unfortunately.

Hiroshi, please think about becoming maintainer for openssl.  It
will make everybody happy :-)

--
Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp>