Hi,

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 16:43, Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp> wrote:
>>> When you revert the patch, he can complain if he is not satisfied
>>> with the revert.
>>> But I believe Christian will not complain about how to fix, unless
>>> SEGV occurs.
>>
>> I'm not waiting for the confirmation. I'm asking Christian for
>> guessing how the "fix" you committed is correct.
>
> I cannot get your point.
> I just commited the patch written by Christian himself. =A0Why
> do we need his guessing?

Not by the reporter.  I thought we should know how the "fix" is
correct (or not.)  But I've now understood that you closed the ticket
for the fact that you've applied the patch by contributor.  I think
it's OK for you.

>> Closing a ticket too soon generally is not good for release management
>> I think. But I'm not a member of 1.9.1 development so it's your
>> business.
>
> Currently, there is a convention that a ticket is closed when
> a commit is done.

Thanks for the explanation.  But I wasn't talking about the point
about confirmation by a reporter.  There's a ticket that the cause is
not fully identified yet but someone closed the ticket with a applying
a workaround patch while I was digging into it by asking the reporter.
 I  said it's not good about this point.

Regards,
// NaHi