Hi,

2010/3/27 Sam Quigley <redmine / ruby-lang.org>:
> mkmf does not properly quote or escape directory names containing spaces, and thus creates invalid Makefiles.

Thank you for your reporting and investigating.

I think this is absolutely a bug.  But, I'm afraid that it takes
some time to fix and make it stable this kind of bugs.
Even if it seems to be fixed, hard-to-find regression bug might be
included, which leads to build failure of existing libraries on
some envirionments.

In addition, this issue can be avoided easily by avoiding such a
path that is likely to cause problem.

So, I think we should not fix it hurriedly.  I suggest to defer
this ticket to 1.9.3.

--
Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp>