Issue #1291 has been updated by Motohiro KOSAKI.

> I'm not against it, although I hope it should be automatic in
> the future as mentioned in [ruby-core:22899].

Umm, sorry, I haven't catch your mention. I think IO::close_on_exec
can only be used for already opened file. I think they have different
semantics.

If you mean introducing new special variable, I'm not againt it.

> Also, IMHO, all those constants should be defined on all
> platforms for portability, like as File::BINARY.

No. I dislike it. open(O_CLOEXEC) and fcntl(FD_CLOEXEC) are differenct
security meaning. To provide O_CLOEXEC emulation logic mean to make
security issue. Please remember why O_CLOEXEC was introduced although
fcntl(FD_CLOEXEC) was already existed.

 -> see http://udrepper.livejournal.com/20407.html

note: "set close-on-exec by default" and "to emulate O_CLOEXEC" are
perfectly different topic. I only againt latter.

- kosaki

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org