Category set to YARV
Status changed from Rejected to Open
Assigned to changed from Yukihiro Matsumoto to Koichi Sasada
Target version set to 2.0

Hi,

2010/3/26 caleb clausen <redmine / ruby-lang.org>:
> I can't speak for the OP, but what I imagine was intended is something lower-level and finer-grained than set_trace_func. It should allow you to step through code at the (YARV) virtual instruction level. That is, there'd be a callback which gets called before every virtual instruction with parameters telling you what the virtual instruction was and where you are in the containing method....
>
> It's much too ambitious to consider for the 1.9.2 release but I think its well worth thinking about for later.

Hmm, ok.  I reopen the ticket with change of the target to 2.0.

But, what purpose is it for?  I can't think of no use case else
debugging YARV.  Isn't current set_trace_func enough?

--
Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp>

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org