Hi,

2010/3/26 Eric Hodel <drbrain / segment7.net>:
> On Mar 24, 2010, at 07:06, Yusuke ENDOH wrote:
> Eric, you must reply to this ASAP!
>> Anyone who has a direct contact to Eric, please stimulate him.
>> I sent him a mail directly a week ago, but he does not reply.
>>
>> If any reply does not come in three days, I'll suggest discharging him.
>> He is stopping many assigned tickets, including many "Urgent" ones.
>> I'm afraid if his unresponsiveness will hinder 1.9.2 release.
>
> I have updated or closed as many tickets as I can.

Thank you for your replying!  And forgive me for saying so rude.

> I plan to import the latest RDoc on Sunday, Pacific Time which will allow me to close five of my tickets. ?(I have lots of changes in it, so I'm running tests against all the gems to make sure it will work.)
>
> I would like to make a new release of RubyGems to fix some outstanding issues, but I will need another week for backwards-compatibility testing on windows.

What is done at 31 Mar. is just "freezing a spec".  You can import the
new release by 30 Apr. if the import is agreed (or preannounced by you
as the maintainer, at least) by 31 Mar.
Of course, ideally, it is better to explain in advance all new feature
that will be in the new release.

And, if the new release really has only bug fixes, you can commit it
even after 30 Apr.  Though, the release manager's consent is needed
before each commit.

So it would be better to prioritize checking "Feature" tracker tickets
currently:

- http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/1800
- http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/3010

Of course, urgent tickets should be checked soon, and if you think it is
not urgent, please change the priority to high or normal.

> Is it acceptable to import RubyGems past the 1.9.2 freeze deadline? ?There are only bug fixes between 1.3.6 and RubyGems trunk.

In conclusion, yes, it is acceptable without problem, I think.
Thank you for your consideration!

--
Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp>